Everyone knows that thanksgiving is a compound word expressing the essence of this favorite American holiday focused on giving thanks.
But did you know that beyond “thanks” and “giving” there are another 346 Scrabble-approved words we can make out of the letters in “thanksgiving?!” Here are a few of my favorites:
1. It is my hope that as we talk more openly about mental health and mental illness we will witness a vanishing of stigma and discrimination.
2. I hope that each week’s Five on Friday gets you thinking about something related to mental health in your own experience of life.
3. Every week I get emails from some of you in response to what you have read. I love hearing your insights. Please keep them coming.
4. We did not serve anything with tahini for Thanksgiving but did experiment with a turkey glaze inspired by Korean spices. Even the aging grandparents loved it, reminding us that tradition mixed with the unexpected can be pretty wonderful for our mental health.
5. When Five on Friday lands in your inbox each week, I am really asking if you will join me in taking a few minutes and support me in shining a light on how mental health matters to each and all of us. Your engagement makes a world of difference.